- ~CBI Classes (Spring Semester)
- ~Pastor Mike Fabarez
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Journals/Journals
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Living
- Spanish-Libros/Biblias en Español
- All Around Theology
- Angelology (Doctrine of Angels, Satans & Demons)
- Anthropology & Harmartiology (Doctrine of Man & Sin)
- Bibliology (Doctrine of the Word of God)
- Christology (Doctrine of Christ)
- Ecclesiology (Doctrine of the Church)
- Eschatology (Doctrine of Last Things)
- Pneumatology (Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)
- Proper (Doctrine of God)
- Soteriology (Doctrine of Salvation)
Letter To The Philippians
In this clear, concise exegetical commentary, G. Walter Hansen offers rich exposition of the text of Philippians as well as wisdom and maturity in its application. In so doing he emphasizes partnership – the social and corporate dimensions of community – in the progress of the gospel.
After a moderately sized bibliography, the introduction takes up the historical setting of the city of Philippi, the nature of the letter, the occasion of the letter, and a preview of two key themes, the gospel of Christ and the community in Christ. The commentary itself considers Philippians in light of these themes, considering the greetings, reports of Gospel ministry, recommendations of two Christ-like servants, and other emphases on the gospel and on partners or servants.
Only 1 left in stock
SKU (ISBN): 9780802837370
G. Walter Hansen
Binding: Cloth Text
Published: October 2009
Pillar New Testament Commentary
Publisher: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
|Dimensions||6 × 1.2 × 9 in|
There are no reviews yet.