- ~CBI Classes (Spring Semester)
- ~Pastor Mike Fabarez
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Journals/Journals
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Living
- Spanish-Libros/Biblias en Español
- All Around Theology
- Angelology (Doctrine of Angels, Satans & Demons)
- Anthropology & Harmartiology (Doctrine of Man & Sin)
- Bibliology (Doctrine of the Word of God)
- Christology (Doctrine of Christ)
- Ecclesiology (Doctrine of the Church)
- Eschatology (Doctrine of Last Things)
- Pneumatology (Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)
- Proper (Doctrine of God)
- Soteriology (Doctrine of Salvation)
Showing all 6 results
Hermeneutics Of The Biblical Writers
$23.99Add to cart
Learn to interpret the Bible from the biblical writers themselves
A method of interpretation–a hermeneutic–is indispensable for understanding Scripture, constructing theology, and living the Christian life, but most contemporary hermeneutical systems fail to acknowledge the principles and practices of the biblical writers themselves.
Christians today cannot employ a truly biblical view of the Bible unless they understand why the prophets and apostles interpreted Scripture the way they did. To this end, Abner Chou proposes a hermeneutic of obedience, in which believers learn to interpret Scripture the way the biblical authors did?including understanding the New Testament’s use of the Old Testament. Chou first unfolds the prophetic hermeneutic of the Old Testament authors, and demonstrates the continuity of this approach with the apostolic hermeneutic of the New Testament authors.
For The Love Of Gods Word
$36.99Add to cart
An introduction to a clear method of biblical interpretation
For the Love of God’s Word is an abridged, less technical version of Kostenberger and Patterson’s acclaimed Invitation to Biblical Interpretation. Students, teachers, and pastors alike will find this introduction to biblical hermeneutics to be an accessible resource with both breadth and substance.
Built on the premise that every passage requires careful scrutiny of its historical setting, literary dimension, and theological message, this volume teaches a simple threefold method that is applicable to every passage of Scripture regardless of genre. In addition, the book sets forth specific strategies for interpreting the various genres of Scripture, from poetry to epistle to prophecy. A final chapter is devoted to helpful Bible study resources that will equip the reader to apply Scripture to life.
This book will serve as a standard text for interpreting Scripture that is both academically responsible and accessible for pastors, teachers, and college students. This volume will enable students of Scripture to grow in love for God’s Word as they grow in the disciplines of study and discernment.
40 Questions About Interpreting The Bible
$22.99Add to cart
In 40 Questions about Interpreting the Bible, New Testament Professor Dr. Robert L. Plummer tackles the major questions that persons ask about reading and understanding the Bible.
- Does the Bible contain error?
- Were the ancient manuscripts of the Bible transmitted accurately?
- What is the best English Bible translation?
- Is the Bible really all about Jesus?
- Do all the commands of the Bible apply today?
- Why can’t people agree on what the Bible means?
- How do we interpret historical narrative?
- How do we interpret the Psalms?
- What does the Bible tell us about the future?
- What is the “Theological Interpretation of Scripture”?
- and many others
Survey Of The Old Testament
$59.99Add to cart
This widely acclaimed textbook, newly expanded and redesigned, helps readers better understand the Old Testament (and the God it reveals) by exploring the literary, historical, and theological issues behind it and behind each of its books. Helpful maps, photos, timelines, and charts now in full color.
Introduction To Biblical Hermeneutics (Expanded)
This standard hermeneutics text has been updated and expanded, allowing the authors to fine-tune their discussions on fundamental interpretive topics. Four new chapters have been added that address more recent controversial issues. The coauthors hold different viewpoints on many topics addressed, making for vibrant, thought-provoking dialogue on this crucial discipline.
Hermeneutics : Principles And Processes Of Biblical Interpretation (Reprinted)
$24.99Add to cart
1. Introduction To Biblical Hermeneutics
2. The History Of Biblical Interpretation
3. Historical-Cultural And Contextual Analysis
4. Lexical-Syntactical Analysis
5. Theological Analysis
6. Special Literary Forms: Similes, Metaphors, Proverbs, Parables, And Allegories
7. Special Literary Forms: Prophecy, Apocalyptic Literature, And Types
8. Applying The Biblical Message: A Proposal For The Transcultural Problem
If non-specialists learn the correct principles and processes for hermeneutics, much more accurate and helpful biblical interpretation can be accomplished. This book gives the reader not only an understanding of the principles of proper biblical interpretation but also the ability to apply those principles in sermon preparation, personal Bible study, or writing.