- ~CBI Classes (Summer Semester)
- ~Pastor Mike Fabarez
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Journals/Journals
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Living
- Spanish-Libros/Biblias en Español
- All Around Theology
- Angelology (Doctrine of Angels, Satans & Demons)
- Anthropology & Harmartiology (Doctrine of Man & Sin)
- Bibliology (Doctrine of the Word of God)
- Christology (Doctrine of Christ)
- Ecclesiology (Doctrine of the Church)
- Eschatology (Doctrine of Last Things)
- Pneumatology (Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)
- Proper (Doctrine of God)
- Soteriology (Doctrine of Salvation)
Easy Chairs Hard Words
1. Can Salvation Be Lost?
2. Can Christ Lose A Christian?
Texts On The Preservation Of The Saints
3. Ideas Have Consequences
4. Carnal Reasoning
5. Is God The Author Of Sin?
6. Controlled Freedom
Texts On Providence
7. Potters And Pots
9. Gifts And Wages
10. Definite Atonement
Texts On The Atonement
Texts On Regeneration
12. Death In Sin
Texts On The Condition Of Man
13. All Men?
14. Is Anything Too Hard For God?
15. Two Kinds Of Freedom
16. God In The Dock
17. Study And Work
19. Hard Mercies
Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens. You will say to me then, Why still find fault? For who has resisted His will? But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Romans 9:18-20a
Hard words, indeed. But they remain, for all our explanations, God’s words.
Easy Chairs, Hard Words offers an honest look at many such difficult passages in Scripture. Presented as a series of fictional conversations between a curious young Christian and a seasoned pastor, these dialogues speak with clarity to those new to the Reformed faith. They begin with the question, Can salvation be lost? and from there wrestle with other hard-to-swallow doctrines, including the freedom of the will, election, and original sin.
Hard words, and yet the understanding given these passages is thoughtful and gentle. For our God ,the God of hard words, is a merciful and loving Father, slow to wrath and quick to pardon, a triune God who graciously rescues men from death and brings them into everlasting life.
SKU (ISBN): 9781885767301
Binding: Trade Paper
Publisher: Canon Press
Print On Demand Product
|Dimensions||5.5 × 0.35 × 8.5 in|