- ~CBI Classes (Spring Semester)
- ~Pastor Mike Fabarez
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Journals/Journals
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Living
- Spanish-Libros/Biblias en Español
- All Around Theology
- Angelology (Doctrine of Angels, Satans & Demons)
- Anthropology & Harmartiology (Doctrine of Man & Sin)
- Bibliology (Doctrine of the Word of God)
- Christology (Doctrine of Christ)
- Ecclesiology (Doctrine of the Church)
- Eschatology (Doctrine of Last Things)
- Pneumatology (Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)
- Proper (Doctrine of God)
- Soteriology (Doctrine of Salvation)
1st And Second Letters To The Thessalonians
In The First and Second Letters to the Thessalonians Gordon Fee’s first aim is a fresh exposition of the biblical text. He shows the reader what is in the text, then what was meant by the text and what it means. Fee reveals the logic of each argument or narrative before moving on to the details of each verse. He concludes each section with a theological or applicational reflection on the meaning of the text today.
In order to make his work not only useful, but also understandable, Fee uses diagrams of sentence structure, italics for emphasis, and a listing of points. He explores authorship, the city of Thessalonica, and the occasion for writing for each epistle, restoring 2 Thessalonians to the place it deserves as a full companion to the first letter, rather than merely a tagalong to 1 Thessalonians.
Like Fee’s previous volumes in this series, this insightful, thoroughly readable commentary on Paul’s two letters of thanksgiving, information, encouragement, and exhortation to the separated, suffering community of Gentile converts in Thessalonica is destined to become the premier work on these books.
Only 1 left in stock
SKU (ISBN): 9780802863621
Binding: Cloth Text
Published: July 2009
New International Commentary On The New Testament
Publisher: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
|Dimensions||6.25 × 1.22 × 9.25 in|
There are no reviews yet.